Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pysanky Pictures- The ones I gave to mom


My mom has most of my pysanky in her collection. Here are some of them.

I like to draw animals on pysanky! The symbols have different meanings.

Mom likes birds and blue.

This one of the newest pysanky I've made.

This is one of the first pysanky I made


The more intricate the design, the longer it takes to make.

Another of the first pysanky- I used a lot of bright colors!

Sunflowers are a traditional Ukrainian design







This is a goose egg psyanky. It took 60 hours to make. The bigger the egg, the more time it takes (more surface to cover!)

I am most proud of my goose egg pysanky!

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Laura, for hosting us on Saturday. Alyson, Bree, Cheri and I had a wonderful time making pysanky. We're hooked! I love the beautiful pysanky on your blog, especially the goose egg with the horses. It's absolutely amazing! I'm so glad you introduced us to the art and adventure of pysanky, both making our own and admiring yours!

    ReplyDelete